Chronology of Diplomatic Relations
Diplomatic relations with Georgia were established on July 24, 1992.
Ambassadors of Georgia to Kazakhstan
Paata Kalandadze, 01.10.2009 - to date.
Zurab Kozmava, 01.02.2009-01.10.2009;
Zurab Shurgaia, 15.10.2004-01.02.2009;
Nugzar Duchidze, 01.07.2003-20.07.2004;
Teimuraz Gogoladze, 07.08.1993-16.06.2003;
Ambassadors of the Republic of Kazakhstan to Georgia
Musalimov Igor 2007 - to date
Shukputov Andar, 23.07.2003 -2007;
Ibraev Rashid, 02.09.1999 - 2003;
Fields of Cooperation
- Regular bilateral and multilateral political dialogue;
- Cooperation between the legislative bodies. Parliamentary Groups of Friendship have been established in both countries.
- The Republic of Kazakhstan is one of Georgia's major trade partners. Intergovernmental Committee for Trade and Economic Cooperation between Georgia and Kazakhstan is functioning successfully.
- Cooperation in the field of Energy with Kazakhstan is of high importance in terms of Georgia's energy security. Georgia is interested in building the Trans-Caspian gas pipeline and receiving natural gas from Kazakhstan;
- Georgia attaches high importance to diversification of its transport infrastructure. One of the priorities for Georgia is to cooperate with Kazakhstan in the framework of the successfully functioning TRACECA transport corridor. Georgia is interested in Kazakhstan's engagement in the implementation of the new Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project;
- Trade turnover between Georgia and Kazakhstan (in thousand USD):
Investors from Kazakhstan show increasing interest towards Georgia. In 2006 investments from Kazakhstan amounted to 185.7 million USD. Kazakhstan has invested in the fields of telecommunication and energy systems in Tbilisi and tourism infrastructure in Adjara region.
By the Georgian side:
March 30 - April 1, 2005 the official visit of President of Georgia Mr. Mikheil Saakashvili;
November 18-19, 2005 the official visit of Prime Minister of Georgia Mr. Zurab Noghaideli;
January 10-12, 2006 the visit of President of Georgia Mr. Mikheil Saakashvili;
January 19-21, 2006 the visit of Speaker of the Parliament of Georgia Ms. Nino Burjanadze;
June 1-2, 2006 the official visit of Prime Minister of Georgia Mr. Zurab Noghaideli;
March 5-6, 2007 the working visit of President of Georgia Mr. Mikheil Saakashvili;
April 8-9, 2010 the working visit of Prime Minister of Georgia Mr. Nika Gilauri;
May 6, 2010 the official visit of Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia Mr. Grigol Vashadze.
By the Kazakh side:
June 2-3, 2005 the visit of Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan Mr. Daniyal Akhmetov;
October 2-4, 2005 the official visit of President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Mr. Nursultan Nazarbayev;
February 16-18, 2010 the visit of Secretary of State-Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, OSCE Chairperson-in-Office Mr. Kanat Saudabayev.
Georgia and Kazakhstan have signed 70 agreements, among them:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan: http://www.mfa.kz